CHECKING SANTA’S REFERENCES
As Christmas rapidly approaches, many of you may be wondering how to make sure that “jolly old elf” is the real Santa Claus or an imposter. Here are some light-hearted tips in the spirit of the season to help make sure that the chubby fellow in the red suit is going to be leaving presents instead of taking them!
1. If he knocks at the door, it’s not the real Santa.
2. If he’s driving a U-Haul and not a sleigh, it’s not the real Santa.
3. If his beard isn’t real, it’s not the real Santa.
4. If he can’t name all of his reindeer, it’s not the real Santa.
5. If he’s coming into your home by another method – like through a window – instead of down the chimney, he’s not the real Santa.
6. If he gets stuck in the chimney, he’s not the real Santa.
7. If you don’t hear the clatter of reindeer hoofs on your roof, it’s not the real Santa.
8. If his sack is empty instead of heaped with toys, it’s not the real Santa – especially if he starts to load his sack with your stuff!
9. If you ask him for the names of neighborhood children he has already been to see and he can’t name any, he’s not the real Santa.
So, as you can see, reference checking doesn’t just have to do with hiring people. It also has to do with making sure that anyone seeking entry to your home is really who he claims to be!
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to everyone!